Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Norms

I've really just been thinking a lot lately about the social, and cultural Norms that we follow and that I follow specifically. The two I really mean are that guys don't talk about how they feel and that guys don't cry. The first one i don't follow as closely cause I think it's silly but I do have a hard time with it on occasions I really have  to be feeling internally pressured. But the second I follow religiously there is just so much societal pressure that men do not cry. However lately I don't know that this is a good thing for us to do. The last few days I've just been havin a hard time and I'll get really close to crying but then I just have to push it down and move on. I've always been told its such a great and healthy release and it really make you feel better. I don't think I've ever had a really good cry cause I never feel better after but that's probably cause i don't let it escape. But tonight I've just been so curious and think maybe I should just try it but whenever I get close I stop myself I dont know I guess we'll see what happens

No comments:

Post a Comment